Friday, July 6, 2007

Many Voices

It will take a while, but I hope to have blog entries or audio or video files from as many of the mission trip participants as possible, so that this mission blog isn't just my perceptions and reflections.

Part of the wonder of these online, techie, connected things like blogs (and IM and text messaging and Facebook and MySpace and Twitter and on and on and on) is the fact that everyone, EVERYONE, can participate and be a part of the conversation. I grew up in the TV era, where the "stuff" was delivered TO or, more aptly, AT you. Now it is all about connectedness, and handled right and well, that connectedness does turn into knowing other people better, whether it be someone you see IRL (in real life in case you didn't already know that) or someone half a world away that you only know through digital connections. As a professional in the world of educational technology, I have had hundreds of online conversations with dozens of other professionals whom I have never met face to face. But do I feel connected to my colleagues and plugged into whatever the current buzz and discussions are about? Absolutely.

So, mission trip participants, if you want to write a reflection, add it as a comment on the post above called "Reflections", or email it to me if you would like it as a post of your own. If you want to do something audio or video, let me know, we'll get it worked out. Every little story tells a part of the tale that was the week of July 1st on the CHF Mission Trip To New Orleans.

And of course anyone reading is welcome to comment! Every thought, question, comment, and insight adds to the conversation! Maybe you've never participated in a blog before - jump on in! The water's fine!

No comments: